When you think of a hot tub, you probably envisage it as a place to kick back and relax. But it can also offer the perfect place to enhance your health and fitness and to help repair your muscles.
The bubbling water in a hot tub helps to repair and rejuvenate your muscles by increasing blood flow and stimulating your lymphatic system to remove toxins from your body. Therefore, doing some exercises in your hot tub can have even more benefits than doing them out of the water.
At All Weather Leisure, we’ve come up with a few firm favourites to help you get started on your hot tub exercise journey. Bear in mind that you don’t need to do all the below in one session – mix and match as you please! When starting any new exercise programme, it’s always best to check in with your doctor first.
- Releasing tension in and strengthening your leg muscles
- While sitting down, push your toes against the end of the hot tub and hold for five seconds. Relax and repeat on each leg three times.
- Stand up and bring your foot behind you up to your buttock and hold for five seconds, feeling your quadricep stretch.
- Sitting down, lift one leg so that your foot is in line with your knee. Repeat five times for each leg – moving against the resistance can help to build up your muscles.
- Easing tension in your neck and shoulders
- While sitting down, slowly roll each shoulder front to back, making a full circle. Repeat this five times with each shoulder. Then repeat the exercise with the soft circular motions going in the opposite direction.
- Sitting down and facing forward, slowly move your head down to the left as far as you can, before returning your head to a central position. Repeat this for each side, as well as forwards and backwards, five times.
- Sitting in the hot tub, lift your shoulders towards your ears and hold for five seconds. Repeat five times.
- Other exercises
- Abdominal hold – while sitting down, suck your abs in and hold for ten seconds. Repeat this five times.
- Arm stretches – while sitting or standing, lift one arm over your head and point down over your other side, leaning as far as you can go. Hold for five seconds and repeat for each side five times.
- Arm crossovers – extend your arms out in front of you with your palms down on the hot tub seat. Quickly cross your arms, alternating right and left. Repeat this for five sets of five crossovers.
Now that your work has been done, sit back, relax and enjoy the comfort your bubbling hot tub can bring!
At All Weather Leisure, we stock a wide range of hot tubs, garden buildings and hot tub accessories. Our showroom is based in Cannock, Staffordshire, but we have clients from all over the UK. For more information on our range, or for some hot tub advice, please call: 0333 600 7008, or email: email@example.com.